Whooping Chickens

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Romance is dead.

Dead? In my house it’s shot, stuffed and mounted. Yesterday my dear husband was giving me and the kids a ride to school. Now some days, I hop out of the car with my son and take the subway so the husband can just drive across town to his office, and some days my son gets out of the car by himself and the husband drives me downtown (a little more traffic) and drops me at my office. It changes depending on the weather, or his mood, or my mood. Whatever.

So yesterday we drop the son, wave goodbye, tell him to have a good day…and one block later Husband turns west to cross town…instead of going downtown to drop me. I said, “Um, honey…”
And he looks over and says, “Oh crap! You’re still in the car?”

After I stopped laughing, I said, “Y’know, cherished. That’s the word for how I feel right now.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home