Whooping Chickens

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Multitask Mania Sweepstakes Winner

So Monday my daughter wakes up with about fifteen tissues worth of nose blowing and a 'sore throat' that wouldn't slow yours truly down to a trot, but she feels icky, so I yielded and said to myself, Okay what can she miss in one day of third grade?
But of course, I had to take her brother to school and get to a physical therapy session in 45 minutes, so I called the babysitter and woke her from the sleep del muerte at 7:45.
"How soon can you get here?"
"I don't know, mama, I just woke up."
"Okay, can you meet me at the Starbucks by the Boo's school and pick up the girlchild there?"
"I'll try mama."

Good enough. So I hung up and started bundling the smalls into their coats and my husband calls.
"I caught the stomach bug from the Boo's school. I'm coming home." FULL STOP. In ten years the man has never taken a day off for illness. He's worked with a 104 fever. This is a miracle.
I call the babysitter back.
"Good news! The husband is sick! Take you time!"
I parked the girlchild in front of the TV (thank you thank you whoever invented the TV! Oh marvelous electronic babysitter!) told her not to move or touch anything until her dad got home, and ran out the door to get her brother to school.
Another morning maneuver executed!
Thank god for diarrhea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home